Thursday, January 30, 2014

How To Bleach and Dye Your Hair At Home

I've been dyeing my hair on my own since 2007 and I only used the affordable hair colorants that you can buy in a banketa ( flee markets ) for only 10-20pesos.Dyeing is been part of my  routine every other month to the point that I can't stand myself having a natural, boring black hair.While the New Year is approaching, I'm thinking to dye my hair in a lighter shade and the usual cheap colorants is not enough so I decided to bleach it.
 
My office-mate gave me a pack of bleaching powder and oxidizing cream in 12% solution as a birthday gift to me.

( I forgot to take a shot of the oxidizing cream that she gave to me.Sorry guys..hehe)








1.I started the process by mixing 2-3 tablespoon of bleaching powder and 5 tablespoon of oxidizing cream.Mix it until the texture become creamy/foamy.



Photo Courtesy of http://julieannescudero.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/new-look-ombre-hair/... Check her blog esp. her article about achieving a ombre hair by doing it at the convenience of your home.
2.Smear the mixture to your hair until the mixture fully cover the hair and evenly distributed.

TIP:

I suggest to apply the mixture 1/2 inch away from the scalf and leave it for 20-30 minutes.After that, apply the remaining mixture to the scarf and leave it for 10 more minutes.This technique will prevent you from getting scarf irritation.


I don't have that thing that you wrap to your neck so have no choice but to do it while half-naked.hahaha
3.After 30minutes, rinse it using a milder formulated shampoo like baby shampoo or shampoo and conditioner in one.If you're not satisfied with the result, you can do it again to make it more lighter until you achieve the platinum one.




Here's the result of bleaching my hair.




4.After bleaching it, you can dye your hair with your desired color.I bought this from one of the stalls in Shopwise Cubao and I got it for only 10pesos.I love this one because first its affordable and second, it doesn't give me scalp irritation compare to the expensive ones where in a few days after dyeing, the scalp flakes are showing up.I bought the one in Purplish Red.


I used Zhanghua Permanent Hair Colorant







 

5.Same thing, just mix the both tubes in a plastic container and apply it evenly ( follow the tip that I suggested earlier ) and leave it for 30 minutes to an hour for as long as there's no itchy feeling in the scalp.



I use L'oreal Paris Hair Mask everyday after dyeing my hair until the normal texture goes back.It deeply nourish your damaged hair cause by using hair chemicals.

TIP: I suggest that when you take a bath, wash your hair first and apply L'oreal Hair Mask and leave it until you finish taking a bath.


6.Rinse it but don't shampoo because first you're hair is a bit brittle and second it may not absorb the color of your hair in full because you wash it.Just simple apply a conditioner to wash out just the excess mixture and apply a hair treatment after.I suggest to use hair treatment every day until the hair goes back to its normal texture.




The I didnt achieved the exact color I want because I bleached it for so long.If you don't want a lighter shade, just bleach it for 15-20 minutes.





I don't achieve the Purplish Red I guess because I bleached it too much.I guess if you dont want lighter shade, bleach it for less than 30 minutes then color it.But I'm quite satisfied because the shade almost like the hair color of Hayley Williams.hahaha...

If you have question, feel free to leave a comment below...

And also please hype my latest post on Lookbook.Nu with my new hair color by hitting HYPE button:







No comments:

Post a Comment